How to watch UK freeview-addon TV channels on Kodi in UK and abroad
Do you want to know how to watch UK freeview-addon TV channels on Kodi in UK and abroad? There are good news for Kodi users! There is now an awesome Kodi Video Add-on to watch live UK TV! You won’t need a TV provider anymore to watch UK TV and I will teach you how to use this add-on outside UK.
Best Kodi addon to watch live UK Channels
The add-on is actually called freeview (third party kodi addon from rayw1986) and it allows you to stream over fifty quality UK channels. Opening a channel is actually quicker than Virgin Media Tivo Box and I tested all the channels and they work! You will also find some 720p and 1080p HD channels.
4Music, 5*, 5USA, Al, Jazeera, BBC ALBA, BBC Four, BBC News, BBC One, BBC One, Northern Ireland, BBC One Scotland, BBC One Wales, BBC Parliament, BBC Two, Bloomberg, The Box, Box Hits, Box Upfront, Capital TV, CBBC, CBeebies, CBS Action, CBS Drama, CBS Reality, CBS Reality+1, Channel 4, Channel 5, Channel AKA, Chilled, CITV, Clubbing TV, Clubland, CNN International, Community Channel, The Craft Channel, Dave, Dave ja vu, Drama, E4, Film4, Food Network, Food Network+1, Forces TV, Heart TV, Home, Horror Channel, ITV1, ITV1+1, ITV2, ITV2+1, ITV3, ITV3+1, ITV4, ITV4+1, ITVBe, The Jewellry Channel, Keep It Country, Kerrang!, Kiss Kix!, London Live, Magic, More4, NOW Music, Pick, POP, QUEST, QUEST+1, QVC, QVC Beauty, QVC Extra, QVC Plus, QVC Style, Really, S4C, Sky News, Tiny Pop, Travel Channel, Travel Channel+1, truTV, Yesterday and Yesterday+1.
How to watch UK Channels abroad using Freeview-Addon?
If you’re outside of UK, the channels won’t open and you should get the playback failed error: “One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.”. This error means that the content that you are trying to access is blocked for your country. But don’t worry, I will teach you now how to fix it.
Well, if you are trying to access UK only content and you are abroad, you just need to mask your IP to an UK IP address. Don’t worry, that’s easy, there is software that does that for you. The software that you need is called VPN. A VPN is a legal software that makes you anonymous online, so your internet provider won’t spy on you and you can choose to be in any country of the world. With a VPN you can for example be in UK / Spain / Portugal / … and watch US channels, you just need to select US in your VPN software. It is that easy!
The VPN that we recommend is IPVanish. IPVanish is one of the fastest VPNs on the market, which means it won’t slow down your internet connection and they have lots of servers around the world for you too choose from. They also have a 7 Day money back guarantee, so why not give it a try? Click here to know how to setup a VPN for your Kodi Box.
How to install the freeview-addon on Kodi?
Installation Instructions using Addon Installer
- Open Kodi
- Go to Programs on the main navigation bar
- Launch Addon Installer (if you don’t have it – Click for install instructions without addon installer)
- Click on the “Search by: Addon/Author”
- Type freeview and then press the button “done”.
- Select the freeview addon from the list.
- Select the install option and confirm to install.
- Wait a few seconds until the installation finishes. Don’t touch anything until is finished.
That’s it! You will now find the Freeview Add-on under Videos -> Add-ons in the main navigation.
Instructions without using the Addon Installer
- Open Kodi
- Go to SYSTEM > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Select the input box None
- Type the exactly the following URL http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and then select Done
- Select now the box underneath to Enter a name for this media Source, type fusion and then press OK
- Return to Kodi Home Screen
- Select SYSTEM
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Select fusion
- Select xbmc-repos
- Select english
- Select repository.rayw1986-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from repository or Get Add-Ons on Helix
- Select RayW1986 Repo
- Select Video Add-Ons
- Select Freeview
- Select Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification. Don’t click in anything while the install is in progress.
Done! You will now find the freeview Add-on under Videos -> Add-ons in the main navigation.
As you can see, installing addons with the Addon Installer is much quicker so I highly recommend you to have it.